Sending Sawab to the Dead: Isaal-e-Sawab through Recitation of the Quran
Q4. I would like to know that if we read Quran and ask Allah to send sawab to all Muslims and my relatives including my parents who are no more, will the sawab only go to my parents or to all the rest too ?
A4. It is Bid’ah (innovation) to recite the Qur’an for Isaal-e-Sawab of those who have passed away, regardless whether the deceased is your parent or relative. There is no evidence supporting this practice in the authentic sources of Islam, in the Seerah of the Prophet (Pbuh) or the life of his Companions. Didn’t deaths occur during the time of the companions ? Why then, we do not find any such evidence from their lives ? All those things that benefit the living and the dead have already been shown by the Prophet (Pbuh), as Deen has been completed. Therefore, it is inappropriate to innovate anything in the religion.
Narrated Aisha (R.A.): Allah’s Messenger (Pbuh) said, “If somebody innovates something which is not present in our religion, then that thing will be rejected.”(Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 3, Hadith No. 2697 & Sahih Muslim, Vol. 3, Hadith No. 4266).
However it is allowed to pray for the deceased and give charity for him, as there is no difference of opinion in this regard.
- 436,520 hits
- About Me & My Blog
- Questions & Answers/FAQ on Islam By Dr. Zakir Naik
- MOST COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED BY NON-MUSLIMS
- Q01. Why is a man allowed to have more than one wife in Islam? i.e. why is polygamy allowed in Islam?
- Q02. If a man is allowed to have more than one wife, then why does Islam prohibit a woman from having more than one husband?
- Q03. Why does Islam degrade women by keeping them behind the veil?
- Q04. How can Islam be called the religion of peace when it was spread by the sword?
- Q05. Why are most of the Muslims fundamentalists and terrorists?
- Q06. Killing an animal is a ruthless act. Why then do Muslims consume non-vegetarian food?
- Q07. Why do Muslims slaughter the animal in a ruthless manner by torturing it and slowly and painfully killing it?
- Q08. Science tell us that whatever one eats, it has an effect on one’s behaviour. Why then, does Islam allow Muslims to eat non-vegetarian food, since eating of animals could make a person violent and ferocious?
- Q09. When Islam is against idol worship why do the Muslims worship, and bow down to the Kaaba in their prayer?
- Q10. Why are non-Muslims not allowed in the holy cities of Makkah and Madinah?
- Q11. Why is the eating of pork forbidden in Islam?
- Q12. Why is the consumption of alcohol prohibited in Islam?
- Q13. Why are two witnesses who are women, equivalent to only one witness who is a man ?
- Q14. Under Islamic law, why is a woman’s share of the inherited wealth only half that of a man?
- Q15. How can you prove the existence of hereafter, i.e. life after death?
- Q16. When all the Muslim follow one and the same Qur’an then why are there so many sects and different schools of thoughts among Muslims?
- Q17. All religions basically teach followers to do good deeds. Why should a person only follow Islam? Can he not follow any of the religions?
- Q18. If Islam is the best religion, why are many of the Muslims dishonest, unreliable, and involved in activities such as cheating, bribing, dealing in drugs, etc.?
- Q19. Why do Muslims abuse non-Muslims by calling them ‘Kafirs’?
- MOST COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED BY NON-MUSLIMS WHO HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE OF ISLAM
- COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED BY HINDUS ABOUT ISLAM
- COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED BY CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES AGAINST ISLAM
- MOST COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED BY NON-MUSLIMS
- Queries On Islam by Dr. Zakir Naik
- PRAYING BEHIND BEARDLESS IMAM
- Is it allowed for an ulcer patient to leave the Fast ?
- Does a wife have the right to refuse sex with her husband ?
- Sending Sawab to the Dead: Isaal-e-Sawab through Recitation of the Quran
- Zakir Naik on Wet-Dreams
- Social Service in Islam
- Are Menstruating Women Permitted to Recite or Touch the Qur’an ?
- Is Allah Masculine In Gender
- Which School of Thought Should A Muslim Follow? By Zakir Naik
- Zakir Naik on Inheritance
- Quoting the Bible for Dawah Purposes
- IS THE QUR’AN GOD’S WORD? By Dr. Zakir Naik
- IS THE QUR’AN GOD’S WORD? – Part 2 By Dr. Zakir Naik
- IS THE QUR’AN GOD’S WORD? – Part 3 By Dr. Zakir Naik
- IS THE QUR’AN GOD’S WORD? – Part 4 By Dr. Zakir Naik
- IS THE QUR’AN GOD’S WORD? – Part 5 By Dr. Zakir Naik
- IS THE QUR’AN GOD’S WORD? – Part 6 By Dr. Zakir Naik: PROPHET DID NOT LEARN THE QUR’AN FROM JEWS OR CHRISTIANS
- IS THE QUR’AN GOD’S WORD? – Part 7 By Dr. Zakir Naik: SCIENTIFIC COMPARISION BETWEEN QUR’AN AND BIBLE
- IS THE QUR’AN GOD’S WORD? – Part 8 By Dr. Zakir Naik
- IS THE QUR’AN GOD’S WORD? – Part 9 By Dr. Zakir Naik
- IS THE QUR’AN GOD’S WORD? – Part 10 By Dr. Zakir Naik
- IS THE QUR’AN GOD’S WORD?–Part 11 By Dr. Zakir Naik
- Relationship With Parents
- Why Aren’t Islamic Missionaries as Active as Christian Missionaries ?
- Do the Muslims Believe in Jesus (pbuh) and his Second Coming?
- Is it Compulsory to Wear the Trousers Above the Ankles?
- Zakir Naik talk Proves a big draw in Bangalore
- How Shameful, We Don’t Have a Media of Our Own!
- If a husband and wife have a mutual divorce
- Is a Muslim woman permitted to go out for a job (organization belongs to Muslims with all women staff) even if her husband can support the family well?
- . Is it allowed for a wife to address her husband by his name, as our previous generation didn’t do so?
- Can a rich Muslim wife give portion of her Zakat to her poor husband?
- Is contraception (that is, preventing one’s wife from becoming pregnant) prohibited in Islam? What is the authentic Islamic ruling about it?
- which of the two is more important, Da’wah or Islaah?
- WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE EMBRACE ISLAM IN TODAY’S TIMES?
- Religion, if it is true, should be able to stand scientific scrutiny.
- IS HINDUISM THE OLDEST AND THEREFORE THE BEST RELIGION?
- WHY DON’T MUSLIMS IN INDIA FOLLOW THE ISLAMIC CRIMINAL LAW?
- BURYING BETTER THAN CREMATING DEAD BODIES
- ISLAM’S VIEWPOINT ON WILLS, BEQUESTS AND INHERITANCE
- WIFE’S CONSENT PRIOR TO A SUBSEQUENT NIKAAH
- SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ISLAM AND HINDUISM – Part 1 by Dr. Zakir Naik
- SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ISLAM AND HINDUISM – Part 2 by Dr. Zakir Naik
- SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ISLAM AND HINDUISM – Part 3 by Dr. Zakir Naik
- SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ISLAM AND HINDUISM – Part 4 by Dr. Zakir Naik
- SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ISLAM AND HINDUISM – Part 5 by Dr. Zakir Naik
- SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ISLAM AND HINDUISM – Part 6 by Dr. Zakir Naik
- SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ISLAM AND HINDUISM – Part 7 by Dr. Zakir Naik
- SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ISLAM AND HINDUISM – Part 8 by Dr. Zakir Naik
- SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ISLAM AND HINDUISM – Part 9 by Dr. Zakir Naik
- Does Islam make the Face Veil Obligatory for Muslim Women?
- Raising one’s Hands during Salaah
- FORBIDDEN TIMES FOR SALAAH
- MARRYING WOMEN FROM THE PEOPLE OF THE BOOK
- DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MARY AND MIRIAM
- PROHIBITION OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
- DYEING ONE’S HAIR IN ISLAM
- IS IT PERMISSIBLE TO OFFER NAFIL SALAH AFTER WITR SALAAH?
- Allah’s Name: Is It Permissible To Call Allah by Any Name?
- WOMEN IN THE MOSQUE
- WHY DO MUSLIMS FOLLOW THE LUNAR CALENDAR
- Why are all prayers and supplications not answered or fulfilled by Allah (SWT)?
- Why Building of Temples and Churches, and Propagating Other Religions, is Prohibited in Saudi Arabia?
- Islam: The Ultimate Journey of Mankind
- Links To All My Posts